Library Services @ NIT, Hamirpur
Central Library provides following services to its users:
- Book Circulation Service using RFID: Central Library provides Books Circulation Service using RFID to its registered users i.e. users can issue/return books by their own and mutiple books can be issued and returned at a time, thus saving the time of the user. For more details Click Here.
- OPAC (http://172.16.28.232:8380/opac/): OPAC provides facility to search books, print journals and magazines subscribed by Central Library. Users can also view Overdue Books, Fine and Checkout History etc. using OPAC.
- Wi-Fi Service: Central Library offers free wireless access (Wi-Fi) to its registered user. The passsword of Wi-Fi service may be obtained from Library Staff .
- SMS based notification: Central has initiated SMS based notification service to provide Overdue Books, Fine and other relevant information to its users.
- Inter Library Loan: The Central library is a member of the DELNET (http://delnet.nic.in) for inter library loan of books, journal articles for the mutual benefit of the users. DELNET provides the delivery of individual books and journal-articles, as and when required by the member-libraries. For more information contact Librarian.
- Digital Library @ NITH (http://172.16.47.214:8080/xmlui): Central Library has initiated Digital Library program in order to share Digital Documents among the Faculties/Staff and Students of NIT, Hamirpur. To upload any Digital Documents on it, kindly send an email to email@example.com.
- Photocopy Service: The Photocopy facility is available for all members of library on payment of Rs 1 per page. The preference is given to get photocopies from the library documents.
- New Arrivals:
- Library @ Facebook: (https://www.facebook.com/librarynith/) Central Library published its facebook page to disseminate various activities happening at Central Library and NIT, Hamirpur.